ABOUT Moscow Toastmasters Business Club
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a senior executive, or an aspiring professional, Moscow Business Toastmasters offers a unique mix of speaking and leadership activities that can help you build confidence and the skills to succeed in the workplace. Our uniquely talented members bring their own business-oriented focus to the club experience.
Our members are mostly expats or natives with strong English (without this specific Russian accent of ours :). Every meetup is dedicated to a business-related topic, so that we all could benefit at a workplace by gaining and practicing our knowledge at the club.
Moscow Toastmasters Business (MTB) is part of Toastmasters International organisation, and it has the most recognized educational system for improving your Public Skills. Whether you want to hone persuasive skills, learn to be influential or develop leadership skills, Toastmasters offers you 10 programs (called Paths) that you can choose from. This makes your education tailored specifically to your needs.
We follow a traditional Toastmasters meeting format.
● well-prepared speeches by crepe de la creme Toastmasters community
● Table Topics or impromptu speeches session
● evaluation session – every speaker receives feedback
● minor roles – Timer, Ah-counter, Grammarian, Thought/Joke of the Day
1. Become compelling public speaker. Members work through a series of educational programs (at their own pace) designed to improve their ability to write speeches, design presentations, and deliver them.
2. Improve confidence & leadership skills. Each role in a meetup is an opportunity to develop your confidence as a leader, from time management to facilitation skills. Speaking regularly in front of a group helps you calm your nerves and communicate effectively.
3. Receive valuable feedback. All speakers receive valuable advice from experienced evaluators and audience as a whole after each project you do on our stage. New members also get a personal mentor to support them with their early projects.
4. Boost your business or career prospects. Running company all-hands, motivating your teammates, making a sales pitch to a new client, conducting the interview or presenting information in a board meeting – we offer you a variety of mockups to improve yourself in a workplace.