Here’s another post from our series about Moscow Area officer positions, in the run-up to our Area Council on June 7 and the elections of next season’s Area team.
As the assistant director for club growth, you are responsible for all aspects of marketing, club-building and club-retention efforts within the community.
Why should you be interested?
This position puts you at the forefront of Russian Toastmasters development and lets you train both critical/strategic/creative thinking and communicating this vision to the clubs. You will become an expert troubleshooter, identifying what hurts the clubs’ member experience and how to making things work better. You will help people open new clubs – always an emotional and rewarding moment. Plus, it is an invaluable experience in the intricacies of representing a global brand in Russia.
Who we are looking for
A passionate Toastmaster, preferably a former club officer, familiar with the practical challenges that clubs face in providing the best experience to their members and willing to contribute to the community.
Key skills you will use and develop in this position
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Team management
- Giving feedback
- Develop the annual marketing plan for the area and drive its implementation
- Assist in organizing new clubs in the area
- Help all clubs build and retain the membership base
- Train, motivate and supervise the club sponsors, mentors and coaches
- Ensure that the community adheres to Toastmasters International brand standards
To make Russian Toastmasters a success, we need a strong Asst Director for Club Growth. If you want to apply for this role, or want to nominate another person, write a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Here’is what Max Silin, who performed the role in 2015-16 TM year, has to say about it:
“Having fulfilled the role as an Assistant Director, Club Growth allowed me to take significant risks in a safe environment, and apply the learnings at my day job, proving myself as a capable, reliable leader and securing a spot for the achieved promotion. I was able to set the path for the future development of the Moscow Area Toastmasters (and across Russia) by applying strategic thinking and motivational skills which I have built up throughout my work experience in this role. This unique opportunity has provided me with a leverage to influence the way Moscow Area Toastmasters is seen both by the local club members as well as the international community”.
As promised, here’s the first in a series of posts about Moscow Area officer positions, in the run-up to our Area Council on June 7 and the elections of next season’s Area team.
Are you willing to be the driving force behind the promotional efforts of Moscow Toastmasters for 2017-18 TM year? Or do you know a person who is just right for this position? Then send your application to email@example.com!
Why should you bother? Because being a Public Relations manager for Toastmasters Moscow is a great opportunity to:
- Practice building and promoting a global brand in Russia
- Try your hand at event management
- Network with people both within our vibrant community and outside it
- Improve your oral and written communication in English and Russian languages
- Practice creative copywriting
- Learn /practice new technical tools useful for promotion
- Learn to work in a modern-style, horizontal, emergent team
Here’s what one of the people who previously performed this role has to say about it:
“Being an Area PR manager is like having an important position in a big corporation. For me it was a good opportunity to develop my leadership skills in a new role. Success of the 8th International Conference was the biggest achievement of my team during that time. And now I have an impressive point in my CV ;)”
Evgenia Maseeva, Moscow Area PR manager in 2014-15
The specific responsibilities of a PR manager include:
- Design and send email campaigns (we currently use Mailchimp) about Area-level events.
- Take photos and videos at Area events and publish them to club’s website/youtube channel/FB page
- Publish previews and reviews of Area-level events
- Keep toastmasters.ru website and Facebook page up to date with interesting content
- Design & order promotional items (eg leaflets, event agendas etc.) and Moscow Area-branded souvenirs (eg contest prizes)
- Facilitate the exchange of experience and best practices among club VPPRs
- Organize special events to promote Toastmasters in Moscow and Russia in general
The key skills/qualities for this position :
- Creativity – you should be the ‘idea engine’ of the team
- Teamwork – while the design is largely your responsibility, all Area team members provide input for the PR materials
- Tech literacy – even if you don’t know the specific tools we are using, you can easily pick them up, provided you have the willingness & ability to learn
- Good style – you should be comfortable writing solid promo materials in English/Russian
- Responsibility – if you take on a task, see it through to the end! The community depends on you
- Gusto – generally optimistic life outlook, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
Are you up for it? Send a letter stating your wish to be Moscow Area PR manager to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Fellow Toastmasters and friends!
Year 2016 is reaching its end and we can delightedly say it was a year of GREAT ACQUAINTANCES, INTERESTING EVENTS & REWARDING ENDEAVOURS in Moscow Toastmasters Community!
As the year expires it’s time to celebrate the common area’s and individual clubs’ Toastmasters achievements and set even higher goals and standards at our…
…traditional NEW YEAR PARTY 2016-2017!!!
This year the Party will be held on Saturday, December 17.
The party starts at 3 pm & we are planning to wrap up at around 9 pm
So get ready for partying for 6 hours in a row! 🙂
The venue is MuMu Cafe at Baumanskaya metro station. You can check the directions here.
All foods and drinks, prizes and souvenirs for the PARTY are already included into the Party fee!
WHAT TO EXPECT?
A LOT OF FUN! 🙂
You will enjoy merry atmosphere, friendly smiles, warm toasts, bright jokes, annual awards, funny New Year contests and much, much more!
Traditionally we are making an all-inclusive New Year Party.
And twice as traditionally we offer two types of party fees:
1. “Early Bird” price is 1 000 rub per person and is valid from NOW till December 11th.
2. “Late Comers” fee is 1 200 rub per person and is valid from December 11th till 17th.
IMPORTANT: we offer two options to pay: either byCASH or ONLINE TRANSFER. Find out all the details while booking your ticket (below). If paying by card, please remember to send us an email so we can identify the payment.
IMPORTANT: registration to the New Year Party may close earlier if we are fully packed. So don’t think too long! Click the “Book Now” button!